Monday, March 21, 2005

The last time I can consciously recall finishing practice and, suffused with a physical, palpable sense of light-ness, spontaneously humming the names of god, was in India ...

... and this morning. Perhaps that ought to tell you something of the energy in Encinitas for Guruji's first two classes.

It's been more festive than anything---my friend Casey clocked over 300 people in the gym yesterday! There must have been close to 200 today.

And just like the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's album cover, close to everyone I've ever practiced yoga with is there, from distant friends to daily acquaintances. You're such a lovely audience, we'd love to take you home with us. Too, too sweet.

But dudes, can we turn the AC off?

(Tomorrow morning: thermal shirt, wool socks, knit cap, snorkel parka?)

Remember Mad Balls? God, I wish I had one, because I would hurl it at your head.

Remember those Carvel ice-cream TV commercials? I want a Cookie Puss right now. Mmmmmmm---Fudgie the Whale.

On my iTunes, Jai Uttal's "Radhe Govinda" just sequed into Raekwon's "Verbal Intercouse," Jai Uttal's sandstorm howl of "Radhe Govinda" followed by Nas' opening salvo, "Through the lights, cameras and action/ glamour glitters and gold/ I unfold the scroll, plant seeds to stampede the globe." Both good, both god? Yes.