Tuesday, April 12, 2005

A special treat: two entries in one day!

The Morrisey firestorm rages unabated.

Quite simply, the world is divided into two camps: those who love Morrisey, and those who must be pushed screaming from a helicopter.

My mom always says, "Remember when you broke up with Tiffany and then listened to The Smiths and Morrisey for the next six months?"

Don't laugh, I was 25.

In my defense, I was listening to the Mozzer before the break-up.

Well, maybe my Morrisey phase was symptomatic of some larger issues at hand.

On a lighter note, after practice today, my spine hurts. But baddha konasana felt great! I do feel a lot physically stronger after Guruji's two-week stopover.

With that, I'll let Morrisey take it away!

I was good kid
through hail and snow
I’d go
just to moon ya
--"I Have Forgiven Jesus"

Off the rails I was and
off the rails
I was happy to stay
--"Piccadilly Palare"

Angel, don't take your life
Some people have got no pride
They do not understand
The urgency of life
But I love you more than life
--"Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together"